Wednesday, July 4, 2007

the story so far...


Here's the scoop:
Ignore all those pauses, and think of me stinking up a 13-year-old truck with hour after hour of sweat and gas, and you've got my trek so far.
This afternoon, I'm in Leamington, Ontario, after spending the night at a over-50-only campsite I snuck into at 2:00 in the morning. Man-o-man, o I wish I could show you some of the photos. But the battery in the camera died, so that's for later.
Anyway, it's been a mad dash across this great nation of ours, and part of theirs.
I'll break it up into headings, and you can all pretend you're reading different posts that were written as they happened, rather than all at once at the Leamington, Ont. public library. And I may run out of time before I get through the whole thing.
Edmonton!
I wrote about this. Quit job. Left city. Got to Calgary. Drank with the Dude, went to some street fest, sang Karaoke, left.
Um... I'm already out of time.


Today: Leamington, Ontario
Yesterday--Started in Manitoac, Wisconsin (8am)
Day before- Started driving in Winnipeg at 5:00 p.m.Day before: Started in Lawson, Sask. at 12:00p.m.Day before: Started in Calgary at 2:00Day before: Drank in Calgary.Day before: Got to Calgary at 3:00 a.m.Same day: Left Vancouver at 10:00.Three days before that: got to Vancouver at 10:30p.m.Day before that: Left Calgary at 12:00p.m or somethingDay before that: Drank in Calgary with DaveDay before that: Left edmonton and got to Calgary at 8:00p.m. orsomething. You were there.ok. Now read it all backwards. Or try this link. It shows allthe times I got lost.

No comments: